Gifted education and higher order thinking
Gifted education and higher order thinking: Improving learning outcomes for every student is a professional development program for all teachers in all classrooms. The program enhances teachers' understanding of:
- the concept of giftedness
- commonly observed cognitive and affective behaviours and characteristics associated with giftedness
- the use of inclusive identification methods to identify gifted students
- ways to develop appropriate learning experiences for gifted students
- ways to improve gifted students' critical, creative and caring thinking skills
- ways to develop higher order thinking in all students.
- This program is an intensive five-day train-the-trainer professional development program for teachers and curriculum leaders in gifted education.
- Tutor Training is delivered in host schools around the world to small groups of up to 20 teachers.
- Successful graduates become resident school-based Tutors who deliver the Teacher Development Course. This provides your school with cost effective, school-managed professional development.
- The cost of the Tutor Training is AUD$3975 (GST to be applied for Australian venues).
As a Gifted education and higher order thinking trained Tutor, you can deliver the Teacher Development Course in your own school.
The course incorporates group workshops, individual classroom-based action research and readings. It is designed to enhance classroom teachers' skills and knowledge to better support the learning needs of gifted students across the curriculum. It supports teachers in developing teaching and learning strategies and units of work that are inclusive of their gifted students while also being appropriate for all students in their classroom.
Trained Tutors deliver 27 hours of face-to-face learning in nine modules which, when combined with between module readings and research, is equivalent to more than 40 hours professional development for teachers.
Module 1: Concepts of giftedness and characteristics of gifted students
Module 2: Identifying gifted students
Module 3: Differentiation and the core curriculum
Module 4: Differentiation and Bloom’s Taxonomy
Module 5: Critical thinking
Module 6: Graphic organisers
Module 7: Creative thinking
Module 8: Multiple intelligences
Module 9: Caring as thinking
You can find out more about the Gifted education and higher order thinking: Improving learning outcomes for every student Tutor Training Program by contacting our Consultants:
Tutor Training Consultants
Phone: +61-8-8463 5933
For general enquiries please contact DECD Publishing